- Share educational and professional development opportunities with current library students and
academic librarians in Canada
- Raise awareness of issues regarding the current state of library education in Canada
- Monitor accreditation process in Canadian library education and seek out opportunities for
Communities of Practice
The Education & Professional Development Committee promotes and supports Communities of Practice (COPs) to share information and experiences, increasing knowledge and awareness of timely and important issues in librarianship.
Current Communities of Practice include:
- Information Literacy, coordinated by Helen Power (helen.power AT uwindsor.ca) and facilitated by Carol Leibiger (c.leibiger AT usd.edu)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, facilitated by Mark Weiler (mweiler AT alumni.sfu.ca)
- Research and Writing, facilitated by Michael Dudley (m.dudley AT uwinnipeg.ca) and Rhiannon Jones (rc.jones AT ucalgary.ca)
- Game-based Learning, facilitated by Martha Attridge-Bufton (MarthaAttridgeBufton AT cunet.carleton.ca)
- Displays and Exhibits, facilitated by Anna Flak (flaka1 AT mcmaster.ca)
If interested in joining a Community of Practice, please contact the facilitator. If interested in creating a new Community of Practice, please review the Community of Practice Guidelines and contact the EPD Committee chair (james.murphy2 AT ucalgary.ca).
View this post in: French