- Share educational and professional development opportunities with current library students and
academic librarians in Canada
- Raise awareness of issues regarding the current state of library education in Canada
- Monitor accreditation process in Canadian library education and seek out opportunities for
Communities of Practice
The Education & Professional Development promotes and supports Communities of Practice (COPs) to share information and experiences, increasing knowledge and awareness of timely and important issues in librarianship.
Current Communities of Practice include:
- Information Literacy, facilitated by Helen Power (helen DOT power AT uwindsor DOT ca)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, facilitated by Mark Weiler (mweiler AT alumni DOT sfu DOT ca)
If interested in joining a Community of Practice, please contact the facilitator. If interested in creating a new Community of Practice, please contact the EPD Committee chair (james DOT murphy2 AT ucalgary DOT ca). An active CAPAL-ACBAP membership is required.
View this post in: French